Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 7

I started my experiment. Everything flowed nicely and it was a successful experiment. Unfortunately, the person who gave me the tissue accidentally gave me two control tissues from the hippocampus instead of one control and one severe AD which means that I can't compare the tangles and plaques in control and SAD in the hippocampus. I will instead do a Nissl staining which will show the different sections of the hippocampus. I might be able to get actual SAD tissue from the hippocampus (but mostly likely not) and then I'll do the immuno on it if I get it.

These are my results from the IHC I did this week.

2 comments:

  1. Kinza,

    It sounds like you are quite close to completing your research! That is great! If you cannot get SAD tissue, will this mean that your project scope will change at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah unfortunately that would mean I don't have anything to compare the control with in the hippocampus. But I think I'll be okay because I have SAD tissue from the frontal at least.

    ReplyDelete